Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mid-winter update!

Hello folks, Cristen here! I wanted to update you all on the happenings around here.

As some of you may know, we had to leave the trailer yesterday. It's very unfortunate that circumstances turned out the way they did but it's time for a new start. We can't even begin to express what we're feeling right now. It's a mixture of uncertainty (although, I must admit, I'm not all that uncertain anymore :), extreme relief and freedom. My anxiety has already gone down a couple of notches just being away from the negativity of that place and Mark is very relieved to be out of the position we had been put in. I'm proud of him! :)

I got a job! I start today, in 50 minutes to be exact. It's a small bakery up here in Chesterland, pays decently and will give me good hours. We've also found a possible apartment a short distance to the east that we could afford to move into in a paycheck or so. Life seems to be looking up, at least for today. I'm excited for this job and very much hopes it works out.

For now we're couch hopping and maybe grabbing a hotel room from time to time if we have to. We're lucky to have a good friend that is willing to help us out as well, and many others encouraging us along the way. We are so grateful for these people, they have renewed our faith in the human species and showed us we're not crazy (phew!).

Here's to the next update!

Where it all ends I can't fathom my friends
If I knew I might toss out my anchor
So I cruise along always searchin' for songs
Not a lawyer a thief or a banker
...
I'm just a son of a son, son of a son
Son of a son of a sailor
The sea's in my veins, my tradition remains
I'm just glad I don't live in a trailer

-Son of a Sailor, Jimmy Buffett